Introduction: What is OptoSensor and why would you use it.
Installation: Step by Step Instructions for setting up OptoSensor and uploading the latest firmware.
- Follow instructions for setting up and configuring the Arduino IDE on your appropriate platform here with the Arduino Mega1280.
- Download the latest firmware revision from the Repository.
- Connect OptoSensor prototype module platform to Arduino Mega1280 making sure the SPI header matches the PWM sockets 7, 6, and 5 and that the Data In header matchs Digital In sockets 22 -52 (even only)
- Connect the USB cable to both your Arduino and PC
- Open the Arduino IDE
- Point the Arduino IDE to Open OptoSensor Source that you downloaded in Step 2 from the Repository.
- Upload it to the board.
- Open your default Terminal Client to monitor your OptoSensor COM port, this can be done via Hyper Terminal (Recommended or the Arduino Serial Monitor (Not Fully Supported)
- Set OptoSensor COM Port Settings
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
Flow Control: None
- After setting up your Terminal Client you will be prompted with the default Firmware menu shown:
- From the firmware menu you can set the desired output of the sensor data that you wish to use with your application.