ikon

Wednesday, 24 April, 2013 § Leave a comment

Released a new application called “ikon” on windows 8 and windows rt – its essentially like my original media app but for windows 8 in mind. It supports some new features that the original media app didn’t support, such as infinite canvas size, image selection and arrangements, Image Editing. You can download it from here. http://goo.gl/1rwXK

Scatterview Canvas

« Read the rest of this entry »

Fast Face Detection

Monday, 11 February, 2013 § Leave a comment

A while back i was working on a interesting project for an Autonomous Realtime Image Analytics Engine a component of this engine was fast face detection and tracking using existing classifiers available in OpenCV but improving their performance to get the best result possible.

I was able to get a stable 50fps for face detection and tracking for up 10 faces.

  1. Some optimizations that were made were to achieve this were
  2. Threading  of the entire operation
  3. skin segmentation
  4. defining ROIs
  5. and contour detection

« Read the rest of this entry »

Enabling Flash in Windows 8 and Windows RT Metro Interface.

Thursday, 20 December, 2012 § Leave a comment

So recently i bought a Surface Tablet and realized that Flash was naively supported within IE , but there was a slight issue in that not every website that had flash content seemed to work. I later learned that this was due to Microsoft’s attempt to combat “BAD” flash websites. What Microsoft had done was essentially created a list which they called Compatibility View of safe websites which were allowed to render flash content within IE desktop and IE Metro; websites not within this list were deemed unsafe. Not that they are but just that they weren’t tested to be deemed “Safe”.

So, what to do now? I knew i wanted flash content within my browser but didn’t know how. While surfing the internet i came across many methods that to enable flash but none proved successful and then i stumbled across a small article by Adobe on how to test your flash enabled website for Microsoft’s compatibility view. The only catch was that it would only work on “ONE” domain at a time; this was okay initially but then i realized that as a avid media consumer i had to go and manually change and reset registry entries, work out the hosting providers and ip address in some cases; this was proving to be too taxing on time and energy.

« Read the rest of this entry »

Kinect + 3D Volumetric Display

Friday, 14 January, 2011 § 56 Comments

So as many of you know i’ve been working on my 3D volumetric display as you can see from my other post, what i’ve recently been able to do is add interactivity to the display by augmenting it using a Xbox360 Kinect Sensor. Enjoy the video.

3D Volumetric Display

Tuesday, 4 January, 2011 § 56 Comments

Happy 2011,  I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays. On to business; recently i’ve been working on 3d volumetric display that would be capable of rendering a free floating 3d 360° volumetric object/s. Below are a few videos of a quick prototype i knocked up in few days, at the beginning of the holidays. Hope you enjoy it.

The above video shows a simple 3d vector generated and textured primitive, rotating on its X and Y axis.

The above video shows a 3ds file exported from Autodesk (any 3ds file will work even generated from GOOGLE sketchup) rendered in 360° rotating on it Y axis.

« Read the rest of this entry »

Quick Update OptoSensor

Saturday, 11 December, 2010 § Leave a comment

So i just finished a major code overhaul for the Optosensor, i now have pixel mosaic, interpolation, gaussian filtering and tracking (correction blob detection working on tracking at the moment) all done via OpenCV. The image below, shows the raw, scaled output in RGB, the next image is Grey Scale (Not really needed since the the IR sensors only detect a narrow band or IR only), Next is the tracked output, and finally is the reference image used for background subtraction (going clockwise from top left).

Interpolated, Filtered, Tracked Output from OptoSensor

OptoSensor News Update

Thursday, 9 December, 2010 § Leave a comment

So i’ve continued my work on the optosensor, when ever i’ve had time; i’m now at a point where i thought i’d talk about what i’ve been doing during the past few weeks. The past few weeks i’ve mainly been working on is the clean up the code on pc side i.e. updating the tracker for the most part, i’ve cleaned up the code separated it into various classes each representing a specific portion tracker i.e. pixel mosiac, serial communication, tracking, and tuio. There have been various improvements to the back end of code where i’m getting the data, how i’m processing it, etc. Not all that interesting what is interesting is that i’ve managed scale up the raw 16×8 pixel image via standard bicubic interpolation and i’ve further smoothed out the data by applying a Gaussian filter to the interpolated data. Below is what is looks like when i have 5 test points.

To explain it a little better these are the raw pixels that are active pixels (1,1), (1,16), (1,8), (16,8), (4,4), (4,5), (5,4) and (5,5) but anyway below you can see both the interpolated scaled output as well the non interpolated scaled output. Here in this test case I’ve interpolated the data set by a factor of 100 using standard bicubic interpolation, and applied a Gaussian kernel of 10 x 10. However in the final release the interpolation factor will be turned down to 10 and the Gaussian filter will be optional.

Interpolated Scaled Output

No Interpolation Scaled Output

  • Archives

  • Blog Stats

    • 119,324 hits
  • Current Viewers

  • Admin

  • Follow

    Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

    Join 127 other followers